Apprenticeship Reception and Administrator Beechwood Medical Centre
The role of apprentice receptionist and administrator requires a self-motivated, disciplined individual with a passion for customer service, to serve service users and patients as part of the front of house team.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
10 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Open up the premises at the start of the day, set the alarm to day function, including checking the heating/air condition and panic alarms, make all necessary preparations to receive patients.
- Greet patients and visitors, secure names and needs and direct accordingly.
- Receive and make calls as required with the ability to handle heavy phone/patient traffic. Divert calls and take messages as appropriate. Ensure that the telephone system is operational at the beginning of each day.
- Filling and photocopying of patients records
- Scanning and attaching patient’s data to patient’s electronic records.
- Deal with all enquires in a professional manner, taking messages and recording information appropriately.
- Making of appointments. Ensuring total familiarity with all aspects of the computer system in place. Record relevant information as and when required in the patient’s electronic notes. Monitor the effectiveness of the system and report problems to the appropriate person,
- Sort, screen and distribute incoming internal mail. Process all outgoing mail following the procedure.
- To keep on computer and add where necessary any new data as required.
- Ensure the reception area is left tidy.
- Receiving all incoming deliveries, opening and distributing accordingly.
- Accepting requests for repeat prescriptions, checking the fax and prescription box for requests.
- Explain Practise arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Extracting notes for all surgeries whether for open surgery or appointments.
- Ensure kitchen area is kept clean and tidy.
- Periodically checking fax to make sure it is operational and has an adequate paper supply before leaving for the evening.
- Securing the premises at the end of the day, internal lights are off and alarm switch on.
- Assist the business/practise manager as and when necessary.
Individual duties delegated include –
- clinic co-ordination (minor operations/diabetic/CHD/travel/smoking cessation and rheumatology)
- Processing new patents applications
Collection and accounting for patient’s medical payments, other payments made by patients.
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident in speaking to people over the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
GCSE English and Maths grade C or above
About the employer
Beechwood Medical Centre
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 through in-house delivery.
The Business Administration Level 2 consists of the following:
- Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Richard Davenport 0133 663066 Richard.Davenport@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017