Apprentice Administrator Marshalls plc
We now have an opportunity for an Apprentice Administrator to join our team based at the Cromwell Natural Stone offices in Southowram, Halifax.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
11 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- To ensure that Purchase Orders are raised and expedited, in accordance with the Business and AX procedures.
- To ensure that goods and services are receipted correctly onto Site, and are maintained, against Purchase Orders, onto the AX system.
- To issue goods to Site locations, in accordance with the Business and AX procedures.
- To ensure that invoice issues are resolved (PIMS), in accordance with the Business and AX procedures.
- To ensure effective stock control of materials.
- To ensure that accurate Material usage and stock parameters are maintained to enable effective MRP.
- To ensure that all Stock information and records are maintained, to facilitate the efficient and economical supply of Materials.
- To carry out Stocktaking procedures, as required by the business.
- To investigate Inventory discrepancies and propose solutions.
- To communicate data and reports to the Site Management Team.
- To ensure that the AX system is maintained on a day-to-day basis and records are kept up to date.
- Responsibilities also include any other support role determined by the Site Manager and/or the Purchasing Systems Manager.
- To ensure that the discipline and processes are in place, to conform to Business Rules and Procedures.
- To ensure that all Stock information and records are maintained, to facilitate the efficient and economical supply of materials to both Production and Non-Production departments.
- To liaise closely with the relevant Group Buyers, thereby ensuring that purchasing is performed utilising group suppliers and contracts.
- To ensure that anything purchased by Marshalls is supported by a correctly completed and authorised requisition and purchase order, to facilitate accurate and timely Purchase and Accounts data, whilst providing an audit trail.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of computerised systems.
- Experience of purchasing procedures.
- Experience of stock control procedures.
- You will have good PC skills be a confident user of Microsoft Office packages
- Organisational and communication skills together with an underlying sense of responsibility.
- Ability to integrate with, and become part of, a capable and motivated team.
- Ability to adopt and implement procedures.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Ideal applicant will be an excellent communicator
- Have attention to detail and a desire to succeed
- Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
About the employer
Marshalls, the UK's leading manufacturers and suppliers of hard landscaping and related products, is looking for a bright, energetic individual to join our Customer Advisory Team. Through an apprenticeship scheme, this opportunity provides a brilliant learning experience alongside a recognized qualification, in a fast paced customer service environment.
Marshalls pride themselves in providing a world class service which is second to none, and as our apprentice, you will play an essential part within our dedicated team
NVQ Diploma Business Administration – The NVQ qualification starts on date of employment - Evidence is gathered and assessed in the workplace.
The candidate will understand the following: Organising and administering meetings, manage diary systems, how to use different office equipment, organisation of travel and accommodation, use of mail services in a business, understand customer service in a business, how to prepare different types of business documents, understand data protection, confidentiality, copyright, security, how information is managed in business organisations, laws, health and safety as well as confirming understanding of the company’s policies - Delivered in college – The delivery starts in April or September, on a Wednesday.
o Maths Level 1 then 2
o English Level 1 then 2
o ICT Level 1
Exemptions may apply if GCSE Grade C or
equivalent has been achieved.
You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Range £3.50 to £5.79
Rate depending upon experience
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College, Huddersfield. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tel: 01484 437066/07788390025
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
Candidates will be asked to complete a literacy & numeracy assessment as part of their application.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to candidates aged 16-18 and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017