Office Assistant Apprentice VMC Accessories Ltd
The role would be supporting the sales and merchandising team in the day to day administration we cover. This would be everything from despatching post and courier parcels, updating spreadsheets and our order database, updating customer critical paths. Also have a lot of submissions for the licensed characters, this is a large part of the job.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
07 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The main duties and responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Submitting and chasing up approvals with licensors on character approval submissions
- Setting up and updating account managers’ costing spreadsheets.
- Updating the VMC order database.
- Liaising with account managers to updating sample approval sheets for the factories & customers.
- Submitting fabrics and colour swatches to customers for approval and advising factories.
- Liaising with wholesale customers to take small orders and despatch them, maintaining records and liaising with finance for invoicing.
- Parcels and post
- Plus any other duties which are necessary.
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident in speaking to people over the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
GCSE English and Maths grade C or abovex
About the employer
VMC Accessories Ltd
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 through in-house delivery.
The Business Administration Level 2 consists of the following:
- Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Rosie Lyon 01332 345450 Rosie.Lyon@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017