Reception Customer Service Apprentice Telford Co-Operative Multi Academy Trust
A Reception Customer Service apprentice to support the school reception desk whilst studying a Level 2 Customer Service qualification. There would also be an opportunity to experience many other admin roles within the school.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
07 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A reception customer service apprentice will support the school reception desk whilst studying a Level 2 Customer Services qualification. The apprentice would also have the opportunity to experience many other admin roles within a school.
Able to answer the school telephone in a polite and professional manner and if unable to answer any questions, would politely explain that they will ascertain the information and call back.
Would fully understand the school’s safeguarding policy and be able to apply it or know when to ask for assistance at times of uncertainty.
Welcome parents/visitors into school in a cheery and professional manner.
Able to work on Word and Outlook and to use own initiative as well as be willing to learn about the school MIS system.
- To study for a Customer Services NVQ Level 2 qualification
- To be responsible for assisting in the provision of a general reception service, dealing with bookings, reception duties and providing a high standard of customer care service
- To provide a first point of contact and information service in the main reception
- Ensure and effect the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene, and security at all times in reception areas
- Use common ‘office’ applications such as word processing, database and spreadsheet programmes
- Provide clerical and administrative support as required for the reception, which may include supporting projects as well as supplementary administrative support in areas requiring additional assistance
- Provide support to members of the school by way of gathering, co-ordinating, collating, photocopying and distributing information as required
- Communicate face-to-face, by telephone and e-mail with a range of customers, both internal and external, responding to queries as appropriate
- To comply with customer service standards with particular regards to standards of dress, telephone etiquette and customer care
- Deal with customer enquiries and complaints in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with the schools customer complaints procedure
- Attend relevant training and retraining courses, team briefs, staff development and general meetings as directed by the Line Manager
- Use and maintain general filing systems, both manual and computerised,
- Support other staff/ colleagues in the efficient running of the school
- Contribute to providing an efficient, courteous, high quality service
Requirements and prospects
- To be organised, accurate and flexible within your working environment
- To have an understanding and knowledge of confidentiality
- To be receptive to new ideas and responsive to change
- To have an awareness of the importance of health & safety issues
- Extend courtesy at all times
- Have a mature persona in order to work in line with the school policies, particularly safeguarding and be eligible to study for a qualification through the Apprenticeship scheme
- Have a commitment to achieving your relevant qualification and ensure that College work is up to date
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment and standards to provide a quality service
- Be enthusiastic, willing to learn, to work hard and be a positive team member
- Mature and professional in their approach to the work placement
- Be willing to abide by The Telford Priory School’s employment policies
The candidate will need to have GCSE grade C or above in Maths, English or equivalent level 2 qualifications, as well as one other subject.
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Functional Skills Maths, English, at level 1 or 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
The Apprenticeship Team at TCAT 01952 642452 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2017