Business Administration Apprentice Snapecall
Due to the continued growth within our organisation, we are now looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to support the daily office function.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2017
10 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Following the success of our existing apprentice and the continued growth within the organisation, Snapecall are looking to employ a second Business Administration apprentice to work within a small team at our Cam office.
You will be supported by South Gloucestershire and Stroud College to complete an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration, alongside your employment within this role.
When applying for this vacancy, an interest in the Construction industry would be an advantage.
Roles and responsibilities will include;
- First point of contact with clients and suppliers, answering the phone and routing calls to correct personnel
- Inputting orders and maintaining data entry into databases held by the company
- Booking appointments and planning labour for the workforce
- Handling incoming / outgoing mail
- Controlling entry to the building and performing receptionist duties, including meeting and greeting visitors
- Filing, photocopying and archiving documents as requested
- Organisation and maintenance of the filing systems in place
- Ordering materials required by the trades to undertake appointments booked.
- Preparation of reports and spreadsheets
- Maintaining health and safety within the workplace
- Any other duties that the employer may require from time to time in response to the needs of the business
Requirements and prospects
- An aptitude for busy and varied construction based role
- A commitment working within the construction industry, and particularly the administration function with an emphasis on accuracy of information and attention to detail.
- Good standard of written English, excellent numerical skills and IT literate
- Phone confidence and the ability to provide measured responses.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence when speaking with/meeting people.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a changing role.
- Excellent telephone manner and listening skills
- A calm nature
- High level of motivation
- Good initiative
- Willingness to contribute in a team environment
- Methodical work ethic
- Pleasant demeanour
- Well presented
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include Maths English at Grade A*- C essential. Business Studies or ICT an advantage.
- Other prior qualifications and experience relevant to the job role will also be considered.
Routes could include Advanced Business Administration, Contracts Management or Building Surveying.
About the employer
Whether it’s clearance and stabilisation, temporary shoring, loss mitigation ‘stop the leak’ detection, property drying or reinstatement, the company’s experience, efficiency and expertise have led to a growing number of satisfied clients throughout the South West of England.
They began in Gloucestershire in 1989 from their head office in Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham. Since then, they have expanded their operations and their continued growth and success has led to the establishment of the Specialist Insurance Division based in Cam, Gloucestershire in 2007. Staff development and training has assisted significant growth in 2015 allowing the Insurance Division to expand its geographical coverage to the whole of the South West of England.
They are recognised in the industry for their commitment to quality and customer service in delivering Disaster Restoration and Building Reinstatement. Their growing number of satisfied clients include Major Insurers, Loss Adjusters and Building Repair Networks.
As the successful apprentice you will undertake an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration to include an NVQ, Knowledge Certificate, Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where applicable), Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS).
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by a South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Assessor. You will be required to attend either Stroud or Filton Campus (subject to geographical location) to complete any underpinning knowledge support, however the majority of your assessments towards your qualifications will be undertaken within the workplace environment.
You will be assigned a supervisor/mentor within the workplace, who will support you to develop your workplace skills, knowledge and experience throughout the duration of your apprenticeship programme.
Business and Administration
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Nikki Mann 01453 761100 firstname.lastname@example.org
The office is located in Draycott Business Park, Cam, therefore applicants should consider how they will commute to and from the office during the required working hours. On occasions, you may be required to work over 5pm.
The starting salary of £3.30 per hour will be reviewed on completion of a 3 month probation period.
Annual leave entitlement is 20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017