Nursery Apprentice POPPIES DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Nursery Apprenticeship available within friendly & professional day nurseries. We are looking for inspirational individuals who share our passion for caring for children & want to develop their knowledge of how to provide excellent education & care. Lots of opportunities for training & developing skills will be provided.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
07 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Apprentice is responsible to the Room Leader, Deputy Manager, Nursery Manager, Area Manager and Directors.
Duties will include:
- Safeguarding children and ensuring that their welfare is promoted at all times.
- Adhering to the Policies and Procedures of Poppies Day Nurseries Ltd. And compliance with the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017), Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Working as part of a team.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs under the guidance of the Room Leader and Nursery Nurses.
- Developing knowledge and understanding by studying an Ofsted recognised childcare qualification and demonstrating this in their practice. Ensuring that coursework is completed within deadlines set by the training provider.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour under direction from the Room Leader & Nursery Nurses.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings.
- Following direction from the Room Leader and Nursery Nurses to enable the smooth running of the nursery.
- Helping in the kitchen and supporting the Nursery Cook.
- Organising the washing, drying and storing of laundry.
- Cleaning toys and equipment.
- General cleaning of areas within the nursery setting.
- Tidying the garden including the weeding and sweeping up of debris, when necessary.
- Re-stocking supplies of tissues, paper towels, blue roll, toilet roll etc within each room in the absence of a General Assistant.
- Tidy and organise the garden storage shed.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager, Area Manager and Directors.
Requirements and prospects
A genuine care for children, communication skills, ability to work as part of a team.
Friendly, caring, reliable, trustworthy, compassionate
Preferably will have good English GSCE grade as writing observations is part of the role. Must be able to speak English fluently.
Things to consider
About the employer
POPPIES DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
The Childcare Company provides online training in childcare, playwork ,supporting teaching and learning and Business administration.
Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials, and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor. The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation. It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and reading.
You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need. At the end of your training you will achieve a diploma in Early Years that is a recognised qualification in the childcare sector.
As part of your training you will cover ERR unit, Technical certificate and functional skills in Maths English and ICT. You will gain a childcare qualification at either level 2 or 3.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Claudia Worthington 01753 596004
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017