Business Administration Apprentice GATEWAY LEARNING COMMUNITY
We are passionate about learning. Our highest priority is to provide an environment to our pupils that excites, motivates and challenges them and encourages lifelong learning and an interest in the world around them. This appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and supportive references.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
07 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To administer first aid to pupils as required, in keeping with the school’s policy and order first aid supplies as necessary.
- To liaise with parents regarding pupils sickness/injury.
- To assist with visits from nurse, dentist etc.
- To assist with the general welfare of pupils.
- To be the first point of contact for both telephone and face to face enquiries and take messages where appropriate.
- To ensure school security arrangements are always complied with, including the issue of visitor’s badges and signing of the visitor’s book.
- To accept and sign for deliveries as appropriate.
- To provide hospitality for visitors to the school.
- To undertake typing and word processing as required.
- To undertake filing, photocopying and reprographic work as required, including the basic maintenance of the photocopier.
- To maintain the school diary.
- To be responsible for the sorting and distributing of incoming post and the sending of outgoing post, including the purchase of stamps.
- To provide general clerical support as required.
- To be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the manual and computerised pupil data records, including attendance details.
- To assist with the monitoring and maintenance of stock and order supplies as necessary.
- To assist with the administration of school visits in liaison with the teaching staff.
- To be responsible for the collection of dinner monies and completion of all catering returns for school meals and free school meals and liaison with parents.
- To collect, record and issue receipts for other monies as required, including school uniform, trips, and photographs.
- To prepare monies for banking.
- To assist with financial administration such as placing orders, invoicing, collecting monies, issuing receipts etc.
- To be responsible for the administration of petty cash and school fund accounts.
- To carry out all financial administration in accordance with appropriate LEA and school financial regulations and policies.
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
- To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health and safety in the workplace.
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
- The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Able to adhere to confidentiality and data protection requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Willing to ask and willing to learn.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Good personality and good sense of humour.
- Good GCSE results, A-C including English and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
GATEWAY LEARNING COMMUNITY
- NVQ Certificate in Business & Administration Level 2.
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration.
- ERR workbook.
- Functional Skills if required in English, Maths and ICT.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Amber Stroud 01245 293008 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017