Engineering Administrator Assistant COMFORT COMMISSIONING SERVICES LIMITED
Performing required admin tasks with a positive outlook and with a can do attitude. Proactive troubleshooting.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
07 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties include but not limited to:
- To offer administrative support for Commissioning & Water Treatment Engineers. Working closely with our engineering team to compile correct computer generated test sheets and engineers’ reports using our master templates, initially with some training and guidance as required.
- Produce a high quantity of documentation with meticulous attention to detail while sticking to required deadlines. Act as the main contact for producing of documentation as requested by engineers on site.
- Help with producing Risk Assessments and Method Statements required for individual projects.
- Proficient with use of Apple Mac and Office suite programs (Word, Excel spreadsheets). Computer literate.
- To assist with incoming office phone calls, interface between site engineers and directors.
- Some understanding of building, engineering, M & E industry desired.
- Carry out all reasonable tasks, requests or projects as requested.
- To follow instructions as given by project managers/lead engineers.
- To abide to company rules, Health and Safety and Quality policies.
- Ensure employee handbook has been read and understood fully.
- Always behave respectfully towards customers, work colleagues and office staff.
- Always promote a professional company image.
- Never make a promise we cannot keep.
- Performing required admin tasks with a positive outlook and can do attitude. Proactive troubleshooting.
- To assist the commissioning and water treatment teams when required.
- Follow company processes relating to all aspects of your work, showing respect to all staff and colleagues.
- Report any issues to your project manager / lead engineer.
- To generate test sheets and reports in a timely manner.
This role would play a vital part of our team of office staff (currently 7 incl. Directors) and would be an important link and help to our engineers on site (currently a team of 15).
Requirements and prospects
You must be efficient and organised in your work, be computer literate particularly with Word and Excel, familiarity with Apple iMac’s would be highly beneficial. The role requires basic understanding of M & E services, Commissioning, HVAC and Water Treatment/Water Hygiene. It would suit a person willing to gain experience in technical/engineering admin support.
To fulfil this role you will need to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, we will train you with the practical skills needed to have a lifetime career. You will need to be personable, have good customer relation skills and be a team player.
A friendly and flexible outlook with a willingness to go the extra mile for the team and for our customers, these are the key to being successful in this role. You must be able to carry out clear instructions to continually raise the standards of processes within the team.
Excellent in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Business Administration Intermediate Apprenticeship Units:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- An additional 8/9 units can be chosen from a list of optional units.
How will I be assessed
This is a practical course where students are expected to provide evidence through workplace activities and guided assignment work. In addition to this, 3 online exams will be required.
What award will I achieve?
Diploma in Business Administration Level 2
Possible progression to an Advanced Apprenticeship.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Business Solutions Team 01206 712727 Business.Solutions@colchester.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017