IT Sales & Help Desk Apprentice Open Network Services
Do you have a passion for technology, problem-solving and customer service with a flare for sales ? A company in Rotherham is looking for an enthusiastic IT Sales & First Line Support Apprentice.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Your daily duties will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to our customers.
- Answering the telephone and helping solve customer enquiries.
- Using your IT knowledge to diagnose a wide range of IT issues and faults.
- Being the first person who our customers speak to.
- Great all-round IT knowledge.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- A knowledge of Power Shell.
- Common sense approach to solutions.
- Diagnostic skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Great all-round IT knowledge
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- A knowledge of Power Shell
- Common sense approach to solutions
- Diagnostic skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external teams and customers.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication.
- A proactive & positive approach to work.
- Strong work ethic, including punctuality.
- Team player.
- Passion for technology.
- Takes pride in brilliant work.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Sheffield for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
01142 434 980 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017