Business Administration Apprentice Caterpillar Ltd
Working predominantly in our Purchasing Department, the administration apprentice will be assisting the team with a variety of duties designed to keep processes and procedures running smoothly, dealing with suppliers and colleagues effectively and keeping information up-to-date.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
07 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
In a company with hundreds of products and facilities, there’s plenty of variety for a keen administration apprentice within our Purchasing Team.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to develop a wide range of useful skills and knowledge, designed to make the most of your skills and potential and to give you the best possible start to a challenging and rewarding career.
Typically this role will see you assisting with:
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Chasing progress of purchases with suppliers
- Inputting data
- Material requirement buying
- Supplier negotiation
- Invoice matching
- Inventory control
- Maintaining accurate records
- Liaising with colleagues
Successful completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship would open up the chance to progress to a Level 3 and further sponsorship beyond to higher level qualifications.
Apprentices may go on to leadership roles in the Business so applicants will need to be self-motivated and able to set themselves challenging goals and objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- A solid level of English and Maths is essential.
- You will be hard working, enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Team worker.
- Accountability – personal responsibility
- Commitment - don’t give up when things get tough
- Cooperation – be a team player
- Excellence – set high standards and strive to meet them
- Innovation – look for ways to do your job better
- Integrity – open, honest and treat others with respect
You will need to be diligent with a positive attitude to work and study, high levels of commitment and a strong work ethic.
You should have at least five GCSEs at grade C or 4 and above or equivalent, including English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
One day a week at College for six months of the twelve month course.
You will receive in-house comprehensive training and development on the job.
Health and Safety, Team working and Leadership are also integral parts of your Personal Development Programme.
Business and Administration
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Jacky Grant email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017