Apprentice Cook/Catering Assistant Wigan & Leigh College
Wigan & Leigh College are looking to recruit an Enthusiastic Apprentice Cook/Catering Assistant to work within their busy kitchen.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
21 Sep 2017
06 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a Catering apprentice with Wigan & Leigh College, your duties will include:
- Prepare, cook and serve a selection of hot and cold foods
- Work as part of a team to contribute to the day to day running of a busy kitchen
- Follow the procedures for both food hygiene and health and safety
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- As an apprentice you will report directly to the catering manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Good personal presentation and personal hygiene.
- Good numeracy and an ability to count takings and give change.
- An interest in hospitality and catering.
- Friendly and interested in providing welcoming customer service.
- Ideally the candidate will possess GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English grade D or above but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma In Food Production & Cooking
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality & Catering Principles
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
Catering and Professional Chefs
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wigan & Leigh College
Tracey Jones email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today