Advanced Business Support Apprentice Thorpe Hall Primary School
Under the guidance of senior staff: be responsible for undertaking administrative, financial, organisational processes within the school. Assist with the planning and development of support services.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
05 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Deal with complex reception/visitor etc. matters.
- Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of support service systems/procedures/policies.
- Organise school trips/events etc.
- Manage manual and computerised record/information systems.
- Analyse and evaluate data/information and produce reports/information/data as required.
- Undertake typing and word-processing and complex IT based tasks.
- Provide personal, administrative and organisational support to other staff.
- Provide administrative and organisational support to the Governing Body.
- Undertake administration of complex procedures.
- Complete and submit complex forms, returns etc., including those to outside agencies e.g. DfES.
- Undertake the administration of Payroll systems.
- Operate relevant equipment/complex ICT packages.
- Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
- Manage bookbags within the school.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others.
- Undertake research and obtain information to inform decisions.
- Assist with procurement and sponsorship.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of the school.
- Manage administration of facilities including use of school premises.
- Undertake complex financial administration procedures.
- Assist with the planning, monitoring and evaluation of budget.
- Manage expenditure within an agreed budget.
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of handling telephone enquiries and reception duties (essential)
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and people on all levels (essential)
- Experience of MS Office and e-mail systems (essential)
- Experience of SIMS and FMS (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to learn from the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ICT (essential)
- Budget management (preferred)
- Willingness / ability to work as part of a team (essential)
- Attention to detail and accuracy (essential)
- Willingness to maintain high standards of professionalism (essential)
- Excellent timekeeping (essential)
- Self – motivated with a positive attitude.
Good basic education to GCSE or equivalent (A-C Maths/English essential)
Level 2 NVQ administration or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Thorpe Hall Primary School
On the job training
Btec Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
If you don't already have GCSE A- C or equivalent in maths, English and ICT , you will be required to work to the following functional skills :
Maths level 2
English level 2
ICT level 2
Business and Administration
WALTHAM FOREST LONDON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by WALTHAM FOREST LONDON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Harpal Rull 07740046122 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017