Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Astley Village Nursery
To assist the Early Years Teachers with the day to day running of the setting. This will include planning, observation and assessment, risk assessing, playing and all other duties involved with nursery life.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
05 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The Nursery Assistant will be working as Key Worker for the daily needs of children between the ages of 3 months and five years within the Nursery setting.
Purpose of Post
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Day Nursery
- To give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Work with children
- Team work
- Liaise with Parents, Staff and other Professionals
- Nursery Manager
- Deputy Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children attending the Nursery in conjunction with the Manager.
- Prepare the children's records in your group and institute reviews for parents, in conjunction with the Manager.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate.
- Foresee the needs of special needs children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate and liaise with the settings SENCO.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- Attend staff meetings outside working hours.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, for example, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment – in line with appropriate training.
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent's evenings, summer fayres and Christmas activities.
- To be flexible within working practises within the setting be prepared to work where needed and undertaking certain domestic tasks, e.g. snacks, cleaning, toileting, tidying, cleaning children etc.
- Recording accidents/incidents in the books provided
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to the setting
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To develop your role within the team
- Participate in the training programme of a wide variety of students (i.e., placements and volunteers) by giving guidance and support.
- Work alongside the Directors, Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the nursery is fulfilled.
Qualities and Experience Required
We are looking for a person with the ability to undertake an NVQ Level 3 equivalent/relevant/applicable qualification, with experience in working within the setting of a Day Nursery. You will need to be flexible in regard to hours of work and motivated.
Willingness to undertake additional training is necessary this may be in your own time on an unpaid basis.
Applications are welcomed irrespective of sex, race, creed, disability or age.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
Requirements and prospects
- A genuine enthusiasm for working with children
- GCSE grades A*-C in maths and English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework to include NVQ Technical Certificate,
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Wendy Love 01772 643008
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017