Apprentice Receptionist and Administration Assistant Twickenham Park Surgery
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the NHS, delivering administrative and receptionist support to Twickenham Park Surgery. Located in a state of the art health centre, this is a fantastic start to your careerif you are looking to get into secretarial, receptionist, administrative or a clinical based role.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
05 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Greet and direct patients/visitors arriving for appointments.
- Answer the telephone courteously and respond to all telephone inquiries.
- Register new patients.
- Check prescriptions.
- Collect certain fees from patients.
- Make new and follow-up appointments for patients over the telephone.
- Ensure confidentiality on all matters.
- Scan clinical correspondence using Docman (training to be provided).
- Receive and record new medical records arriving to the practice.
- Prepare deduction summaries and print outs for patients who are moving to a new practice.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the notice boards are tidy and updated regularly.
- Filing and archiving.
- Assist with the various recall programmes.
- Assist any other members of the practice team with administrative duties to support them in delivering their role.
- Sort and distribute post.
- Create posters to advertise clinics and events.
- Assist with research and develop the marketing of the Practices (NHS and Private) business via social media.
- Take responsibility for designing and writing the surgeries patient newsletter.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT, literacy, and numeracy skills.
- Organisational and problem solving skills.
- Verbal communication skills – ability to deal with people in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to apply set procedures.
- Accurate and thorough approach.
- Comfortable working to agreed objectives.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative.
- Outgoing, confident personality.
- Team player.
- Highly motivated.
- Mature outlook.
- Interested in/aptitude for learning new skills/taking on new challenges.
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Business Administration NVQ level 2
- Functional Skills level 1 Maths, English and ICT (if appropriate)
- Thinking & personal learning skills
- Related workshops
Business and Administration
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Royal Borough of Kingston Council
Janet Mills 020 8547 6837
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017