IT Infrastructure Technical Support Apprentice Drp (Uk) Limited
To provide support to all users across the business and to administer our expanding IT & Communications infrastructure. Working in a predominantly Microsoft environment you will be able to assist in the technical support and problem resolution for users.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
05 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To provide support and assistance to all users across the business and to administer our expanding IT & Communications infrastructure at drp. Working in a predominantly Microsoft environment you will be able to assist in the technical support and problem resolution for end users.
The principle duties in this role are:
- To provide first line support to all users in the business via phone, email and remote connections
- Hardware/software fault finding and resolution
- System builds/software installations and configuration
- Administer corporate antivirus and patch deployment technologies
- Administration and support of phone systems
- Administration and support of network devices
- Administration and support of Windows Server 2008/2016
- Prepare & maintain all onsite printers for events
- Liaise with third parties when required
- Input into ad-hoc projects when required
The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office. There will be times when this role will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
As the company are based on the Ikon Trading Estate, and public transport in limited access to your own transport would be an advantage.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Good analytical / problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (7, 8, 2008 Server)
- Knowledge of Mac OSX (not essential)
- Good knowledge of mobile technologies, fixed telephony, switches, routing, structured cabling
- An interest in Cyber Security
We are looking for a confident individual who:
- Is passionate
- Is professional
- Is motivated
- Has a keen attention to detail
- Is trustworthy
- Is dependable
- Is versatile
- Is ambitious
You will be educated to GCSE level, including English and Maths at Grades A* - C (or equivalent qualifications) and an IT qualification would be an advantage.
Things to consider
Do you have the experience and qualifications requested?
As previously stated, The role will be based primarily in drp's Worcestershire head office. There will be times when this role will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
About the employer
drp is an equal opportunities employer.
- City & Guilds Intermediate Diploma in ICT Professional skills, including an industry certification (Microsoft MTA or CIW Certified Internet Web Professional), together with onsite training by the employer.
- TDM Wyre Academy delivers Advanced and Higher apprenticeship programmes that equip young people with the skills for a career in technology.
- For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be 18 months. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and then on to Degree Level.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Development Manager Ltd
Anne Pilsworth 03331010040 firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer directly.
If you are successfully short-listed for this role, you will have to attend more than one interview.
You may want to check whether your travel arrangements to and from the workplace will be adequate using http://www.traveline.info or http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier that the published closing date should we identify a suitable candidate.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017