Apprentice Catering Assistant Catmose College
A catering assistant is needed to join a well-established team in the Rutland and District Schools Federation. You will assist over 3 sites in the preparation and delivery of school and preschool meals, whilst having formal catering training.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
06 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of hot and cold food within the kitchen.
- Use appropriate kitchen equipment as required.
- Help to clean any equipment within your remit following health and hygiene and food safety legislation and procedures.
- Assist colleagues in setting-up and closing of the kitchen.
- Assist with completion of kitchen documentation.
- Ensure high standards of personal appearance and hygiene are up kept.
- Assist in ordering stock and wastage control.
- Work as part of a team.
- Deliver high standards of customer service at all times.
- Support the vision and ethos of the Federation.
- Set a good example in terms of smart business dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Implement and uphold Federation policies.
- Uphold routines for learning and uniform.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluating the success of the Federation.
- To proactively respond to issues identified in the Transformation Plan to bring about sustained improvement.
- Contribute to the range of extra-curricular opportunities on offer to students.
Safeguarding, Health and Safety:
- All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies and procedures are enforced in line with Federation policy and current legislation.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Executive Principal.
Requirements and prospects
- A willingness to learn and a passion and flair for food production and presentation.
- Positive attitude and sense of humour.
- Takes pride in your own work and attention to detail.
- Approachable to colleagues and customers.
- Works well in a team and supports others.
- Good time keeping able to prioritise work and has good time management skills.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- A good standard of hygiene and presentation is essential.
- A clear recognition of and commitment to all our aims as a high performing Federation
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A good understanding of safety issues and risk assessments.
- An understanding of the importance of training.
- A proven desire to improve, with recent evidence of certified professional development.
- An ability to work with our students.
- Good listening skills, the ability to communicate effectively and to work as part of a team with staff, Federation members, and members of the local community.
- A good level of education is required, ideally 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, including Maths and English.
- You will have at least E3 or equivalent in Maths and English ie F GCSE or Entry Level 3 Functional Skills or equivalents.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 diploma in Food Production and Cooking.
- Level 2 certificate in Food Production and Cooking.
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Catering and Professional Chefs
RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rutland County Council
Fiona Arnold 01572 758283 firstname.lastname@example.org
The college are looking for someone to start asap so they will interview as candidates apply on the system, this may mean that the vacancy will close early.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017