Engineering Apprentice Palethorpes
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join a large national company who are offering an ideal development program for those people looking for a career in Engineering.
Closing date: 25 Jul 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
03 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for ambitious individuals to join our Apprenticeship Training Program and become our next generation of Engineers.
They should be prepared to commit themselves to an extensive training program designed to enable them to achieve multi – skilled qualifications to BTEC National Certificate and NVQ Level 3.
The role will involve working on all aspects of Engineering including Electrical, Mechanical, production line machinery, ancillary equipment and robotics.
- Develop our operational capability and culture that ensures effective delivery of sustained operational improvement for continuous business improvement.
- To improve and maintain equipment to the manufacturer’s specification through robust implementation of the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule (this will be done with guidance from a skilled engineer).
- To undertake planned project work under the supervision of a skilled engineer or appropriate Manager.
- To actively promote a Heath Safety & Environmentally conscious environment.
- To work safely and act responsibly at all times.
- To actively promote a safety culture within the department - factory ensuring all H&S requirements are met.
- To ensure PPM & corrective activity is carried out in an effective manner. To be done under supervision from a skilled engineer.
- To ensure that downtime is minimised by effective data analysis, targeting of key areas of concern, implementing and agreeing joint action plans with internal & external suppliers. To develop effective working relationships with key personnel.
- To self-develop. To use the resources and equipment within the department to enhance your skill set – to be done under direct supervision from a skilled engineer.
- Ensures all legislative and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To be motivated and effective performance is maintained.
- To develop a culture of continuous improvement within team.
Requirements and prospects
- The candidate will need to be practical and meticulous in their approach to work as they will be working across a broad range of skills.
- To be able to work well within a team
- To work safely in mind at all times
- To be self-motivated
- To work to a high standard & strict deadlines
The candidate will need to be ambitious and genuinely looking to develop a long term career in Engineering.
They must be able to work in a team environment as well as being confident and flexible.
- Planning and organising
- Drive to get the job done
- Thinking things through and identifying solutions
- Working with others
- Innovating and improving what the company does
- Getting the best out of self and others
- Working to high standards
- Knowing the business
To apply for this position, you will need:
- To have 5 GCSE’s (including Maths, English, Science and IT) at grades A*-C or equivalent level 2 qualifications in these subjects
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:;
- Performing Engineering Operations level 2 (year 1)
- BTEC First in Engineering level 2 (year 2)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English level 1 or 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Improving Operational Performance
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Karen Pearse at Telford College 01952 642326
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Jul 2017