Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator Towcester Veterinary Centre
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who has a genuine love & interest for animals, especially horses. The apprentice is to carry out clerical duties including reception and building relationships with customers by being the front face of the practice.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
04 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The candidates duties will consist of:
- Working on a busy reception which handles lots of calls, the candidate must have appropriate sensitivity with all callers.
- Commitment to providing quality service which will be a priority, whether customers are internal or external.
- Booking appointments for clients.
- Booking appointments for vets in certain area zones on certain days.
- Organising and running a diary.
- Answering incoming calls.
- Booking bloods and sending samples.
- Basic accounts.
- Taking payments over the phone and counter.
- Taking part in a cleaning rota and taking pride in the practice.
- Ensuring the environment is kept clean and tidy at all times is everyone's responsibility.
- Working through and checking insurance claims which require meticulous attention to detail.
Requirements and prospects
- Must always strive to produce quality work.
- Organised with strong IT skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Build and maintain valued relationships with customers and their animals.
- wanting to retain their business and deliver excellent care and service.
- Displaying a willing and positive attitude when dealing with customers and their animals.
- Must be keen to learn about new products and services to add value to customer relationships.
- Punctual and efficient.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and use own initiative to complete tasks.
- Must have excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner.
- Can show sensitivity and empathy to customers and their animals, instinctively knowing how to deal with their needs.
- Adapt a logical, coherent and consistent approach to solving problems and quick thinking.
- Able to produce accurate and clear records, correspondence, documents and reports.
- Communicate enthusiastically within the team, and bring appropriate energy and excitement to work.
- Must be caring and do what is needed to ensure the practice is always an inviting and friendly place to be.
Grade D or above in Math's and English GCSE or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Towcester Veterinary's Equine Clinic provides up-to-date facilities to enable them to promote the best care for clients horses. The equine team provides a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment service. The vets and the support team are aided by an on-site farrier and physiotherapist.
The staff strive to be friendly and approachable as well as compassionate and professional at all times. The staff believe that every horse, pony and donkey deserves the highest standard of veterinary care irrespective of age or design, while every owner deserves exceptional customer service from a friendly professional team.
Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service, Key skills and Technical Certificate as appropriate. The employer will also provide in house training relevant to the job role. Employee Rights & Responsibilities (ERR) Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT) Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Key Training Ltd
Lizzie Elmslie email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017