IT Support and Development Apprentice Backup Data Ltd
A small business situated on the outskirts of Cambridge specialising in all of your IT needs, ranging from IT Desktop support to web hosting. We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer support services possible to ensure your satisfaction.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
30 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a small IT company based on the outskirts of Cambridge looking for an IT Support Development Apprentice. This new and exciting role offers a great opportunity for the successful applicant to get their foot in the door and make that first step on their career path. Working towards nationally recognised qualifications and alongside highly experienced staff, the successful apprentice will definitely be in the right place!
Backup Data are looking for a vibrant candidate to join their team as a IT Support and Development Apprentice.
The role will include:
- Delivering IT Assistance to customers over the phone.
- Maintaining IT systems both remote and within the company.
- Insuring backups are working correctly.
- Updating IT systems.
- Remote access to troubleshoot any issues.
- Windows Networking.
- Cloud backup platforms.
- Maintenance of hardware.
Throughout the time you are with the employer you will work towards second line support and assisting with coding.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of coding languages.
- Good customer service skills maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
- Knowledge of various IT systems including IOS & Windows.
- Willing to learn.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS).
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017