Apprentice Receptionist and Administrator Wellesley Road Surgery
This is a fantastic start to your career if you are looking to get into secretarial, receptionist, administrative or a clinical based role. The post holder will be a member of the surgery team with the delegated responsibility. They will ensure the effective processing of all tasks and appropriate liaison with the administration team.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
21 Oct 2017
30 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To process telephone calls and personal requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensure callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professionals.
- Greet and direct patients/visitors arriving for appointments
- Answer the telephone courteously and respond to all telephone inquiries
- Register new patients
- Check prescriptions
- Collect certain fees from patients
- Ensure confidentiality on all matters
- To take messages and ensure they are recorded accurately and passed onto the responsible medical team member.
- To recognise and report any worrying problems presenting at the reception desk
- To post mail each day.
- To oversee the daily collection of pathology specimens.
- To enter data onto the practice computer system and record information in accordance with practice procedures.
- To initiate contact with and respond to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
- To assist actively with the achievement of QOF (Quality Outcome Framework) and OOH (Out of Hospital)
- Scan clinical correspondence
- Receive and record new medical records arriving to the practice
- Take responsibility for ensuring the notice boards are tidy and updated regularly
- Filing and archiving
- Assist with the various recall programmes
- Assist members of the practice team with administrative duties to support them in delivering their role.
- Sort and distribute post
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Information Governance
- To be aware of the information governance plan and to have read parts of the plan and its policies that pertains to you and the wider issues.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and pass on relevant information
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT, Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Organisational and problem solving skills
- Verbal communication skills – ability to deal with people in person and on the telephone
- Ability to apply set procedures
- Accurate and thorough approach
- Comfortable working to agreed objectives with the ability to work without supervision
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Outgoing, confident personality
- Team player, highly motivated with a mature outlook
- Interested in/aptitude for learning new skills/taking on new challenges
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
Business Administration Level 2
Business and Administration
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Royal Borough of Kingston Council
Janet Mills 0208 547 6837 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017