Business Administration Apprentice, Newark On Trent Newark and Sherwood Homes Ltd
The successful candidate will offer general assistance to various teams across the business and project a positive and friendly image to tenants and clients, either in person or via telephone/email.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
03 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Vision apprentices is proud to be supporting Newark and Sherwood homes to support the recruitment of a friendly and hardworking Business Administration Apprentice to join one of the country’s highest performing arms length management organisations. The successful candidate will offer general assistance to various teams across the business and project a positive and friendly image to tenants and clients, either in person or via telephone/email. You will be required to understand a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of Newark and Sherwood Homes.
- To assist the Executive Clerical Support Services team with routine enquiries from tenants, internal and external partners via telephone, email and in written communication.
- Provide assistance by referring queries where necessary to the appropriate person to ensure a prompt, polite and effective response.
- Provide general administrative support including filing, scanning and photocopying and general office duties.
- Produce a range of typed documents and routine correspondence from a variety of sources involving use of different software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assist in the organisation and support of meetings, workshops and training events as required.
- Take notes of meetings and staff briefings and produce accurate minutes for approval at following meetings.
- Complete relevant qualifications in Business Administration as identified in the apprenticeship framework/standard undertaken.
Conduct and other responsibilities:
- To deliver an effective and appropriate service to all users, fairly and without discrimination. Uphold the company’s Code of Conduct, Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies and procedures. Ensure that you are polite, sensitive and professional in all your dealings with residents and the wider public.
- Participate in the provision of emergency and business continuity planning requirements of the Company and its obligations to NSDC and ensure adequate physical resources and trained staff in the Technical Directorate are available to provide the requirements.
- As a term of your employment, you can be required to undertake such duties commensurate with your grade and/or hours of work, as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or any other of the organisation’s establishments.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic with an aspiration to succeed.
- Attention to detail.
- An interest in the housing sector.
- A good general level of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to contribute effectively to the corporate development of Newark and Sherwood Homes.
- Show an interest and commitment to delivering excellent housing services.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities, racial awareness, Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Health and safety.
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English, 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4.
Things to consider
About the employer
Newark and Sherwood Homes Ltd
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Reece Hunt 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017