Apprentice Hairdresser H D Studios
H D Studio are looking to recruit and Apprentice Hairdresser to join their team based in Urmston.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
30 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Whilst gaining invaluable training and experience you will be –
- Assisting the salon in the smooth day to day running.
- Assisting the stylists and Salon Managers with their client base.
- Greeting clients and preparing them ready for stylist.
- Work hard to get good results and develop good relationships with clients
- Be aware of changing fashion trends, new looks and popular products.
You will be taught skills within the hairdressing industry to enable you to take those initial steps in becoming the futures next up and coming creative stylist
Over the training program you will be fully trained on:
- Reception duties including answering phones and booking in clients.
- Customer care
- Advising and consultation
- Blow drying
- Colouring hair
- Cutting hair
- Basic admin duties.
- Hairdressing training and basic duties such as fringe trims and blow drying.
- General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure salon is always welcoming to the client.
- Required behaviours and values
You will have a keen interest in the hair and beauty industry, presentable and conscious of portraying a professional image at all times.
Must be passionate about Hairdressing.
Requirements and prospects
- Passion for Hairdressing
- Good at Multi tasking
- Good customer service skills,
- Telephone skills,
- Good communication skills.
- Confident, team member,
- People person,
- Passionate about Hairdressing.
- People/interpersonal skills
- Love of learning
- Time management skills
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent
About the employer
H D Studios
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworth-Ali@trafford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017