Catering Production Assistant Apprentice Jaspers Coventry Limited
A Catering Production Assistant Apprentice is required to work for a busy catering establishment based in Coventry.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
30 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To prepare a range of items e.g. sandwiches, wraps, rolls.
- Assemble buffet lunches, decant products into individual portions, tray up breakfasts, and assist with any other food preparation duties required.
- To work as part of a team in order to meet deadlines.
- To prepare foods including salad items and sandwich fillings.
- To garnish food, assemble desserts in platters, prepare dips to Jasper’s standards.
- To undertake basic cooking duties.
- To wash platters, cooking equipment and other items on a daily basis.
- To have good time management skills and a great eye for detail.
- To have the ability to work as part of a team, and independently using own initiative where appropriate.
- To undertake cleaning duties which are rotated on a weekly basis. This includes a deep clean of the whole kitchen unit, including cleaning inside fridges, mopping the floor, disinfecting inside bins etc.
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking to recruit a team player who can get on with people, is a good time keeper, hygiene conscious, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Previous catering experience will be an advantage but not necessary as full training will be given to the right candidate.
- Reliable with good time-keeping.
- Smart, clean appearance.
- Motivated, good eye for detail.
- Keen to progress career further.
- Team player.
- GCSE Grade D or above in English and maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Jaspers Coventry Limited
- NVQ Level 2 in Catering.
- Functional skills in English and maths.
- Employment rights and responsibilities.
Catering and Professional Chefs
HENLEY COLLEGE COVENTRY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College Coventry
Sharon Barker 02476 626306 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017