Project and Customer Service Apprentice Rogers Geotechnical Services Ltd
As a Project and Customer Service Apprentice, you will be undertaking a wide range of duties that will involve providing customers with an excellent service and assisting and supporting the team of project managers.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
05 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will involve of the following duties:
- Correspond with customers on progress
- Correspond with internal customers
- Creating and updating customer records
- Ensuring customer service standards are maintained at all times
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner
- Keep clients up to date with progress
- Retrieve an supply site plans and store accurately
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft packages, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Training on industry software (Smartsheet)
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Good typing skills
- Knowledge of social media/ecommerce/internet environment
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages especially Excel.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- Experience of working in a busy customer service environment.
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- A motivated and hardworking individual.
- Motivated approach to the role is essential.
- Willingness to learn and achieve
- Smart & presentable
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
- Good IT skills are essential for this position.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent in Project Management or another position that may be available, following successful employment and achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
This company is located a rural location.
There are regular bus services travelling along the main Huddersfield Road through Shelley village; the company is located where there are no bus services and it will take at least a 20 minute walk from the main Huddersfield Road to the company’s location.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost. From 1st of April 2017 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 or over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. Those between the ages of 19-24 who are in their second year (or third year) need to be paid the National Minimum Wage for their age bracket. In April 2016 the new National Living Wage was implemented and therefore if you are over the age of 25 and in your second or third year of an Apprenticeship you will be entitled to be paid the National Living Wage. Please see below for further information: https://www.livingwage.gov.uk/?gclid=CMOGwaHa3coCFQ2eGwodbwUDgw
About the employer
Rogers Geotechnical Services Ltd
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 01484437066 firstname.lastname@example.org
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College, Huddersfield. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
or Tel: 01484 437066/07788390025
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
Candidates will be asked to complete a literacy & numeracy assessment as part of their application.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour from the 1st April 2017. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017