Apprentice IT Technician Newbury College
Newbury College is looking to welcome a new apprentice to the dedicated IT Services Team. If you have a passion for all things digital and want to pursue a career in IT then this opportunity is for you. You will be trained and mentored by our experienced in-house IT team as well as undertaking a Level 3 NVQ in IT Software, Web & Telecoms.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
29 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Newbury College are looking to welcome a new apprentice IT Technician to the dedicated IT Services Team. If you have a passion for all things digital and want to pursue a career in IT then this apprenticeship opportunity is for you. As an IT apprentice you will be trained and mentored by our experienced in house IT team as well as undertaking a Level 3 NVQ in IT Software, Web & Telecoms.
The post holder will be responsible, under the supervision of the IT Services Manager, for installing and maintaining computer resources within the College and for operational support to students and staff. Specific responsibilities will be taken from the duties and responsibilities listed below.
- To assist in the installation of equipment and provide first-line maintenance.
- To maintain and monitor security applications used by the College
- To ensure that the task management database is kept up to date
- To provide support for the College Telecoms and maintain the internal telephone list.
- To administer the central consumables purchasing system.
- To undertake planned maintenance of equipment and software.
- To assist in the provision of support for users.
- To provide support to outreach centres associated with the College.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be requested by the Line Manager
- To observe and implement College policies and procedures, e.g Health and Safety, Fire Regulations, etc.
NB. This job description is current at the issue date. In consultation it is liable to variation to reflect changes in the job.
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate must have sound computer skills. Previous experience of IT in the workplace is desirable as would experience of repairing IT hardware professionally or personally
- Experience in the IT field will be a real advantage
- Able to work with basic Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Team worker
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident communicating with students, members of staff and external agencies
- Possess a high level of initiative, independent judgement and be keen to learn
- Good interpersonal Skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have a passion for working within IT
- Sense of humour
- To undertake the Level 3 Apprenticeship you must have: 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above including Mathematics and English
- Desirable additional qualifications would be:BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Merit or NVQ 2 in IT
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by the Line Manager and your Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship. The Apprenticeship will include;
- Competency Based Element - Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Knowledge Based Element - Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT – All Level 2
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017