Receptionist North West Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a bright and motivated individual to join our team in a key front-of-house role and to be supported in a Level 2 Business Admin apprenticeship.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
29 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Reporting to: Elaine Stevens
Working with: All staff of and visitors to North West Surrey CCG
- To maintain an effective Reception function ensuring the Reception area is kept tidy and informative (leaflets, notice board etc.) to reflect the professionalism of the CCG
- To act and present oneself in a professional manner at all times
- To provide a point of contact, processing, receiving, and conveying telephone calls, messages and visitors/public in an efficient and professional manner
- To chaperone visitors/public to appropriate areas of the building
- To provide site information including procedures, protocols, available facilities, directions to Weybridge and maps of the area
- To undertake general office duties e.g. photocopying, post, filing and shredding of confidential waste as appropriate
- To maintain good security i.e. locking/ unlocking meeting rooms and secure cabinets including locked boxes containing parking permit
- To receive and check off deliveries, efficiently reporting any delivery shortages and arranging returns for unwanted or faulty items
- To research stock availability and sourcing of new stock lines from external companies
- To obtain quotes from potential new suppliers
- To manage incoming and outgoing mail, ensuring that the post is sorted
- To distribute correspondence and information as directed, either by email or post
- To maintain and facilitate meeting rooms including bookings, ensuring refreshments are available, the room is adequately set up and tidy and that resources such as flip charts are readily available
- To print daily booking lists for all meeting rooms the day before and provide practical training on audio/visual equipment and ensure equipment/instructions are available and in working order, including conference phones, smart boards, flipcharts etc.
- To manage multimedia projectors, laptops and hearing loop bookings
- To monitor and order stock for photocopiers, ensuring adequate supplies are maintained of both toner and paper
- To monitor photocopiers to ensure any faults are reported efficiently to minimise risk of equipment being out of service for a long period of time
- To monitor stationery, ensuring that stock levels are sufficient at all times
- To maintain a telephone list and issue an up to date list on a regular basis
- Responsible for creating reports and recording systems for reception area and general admin functions.
- To arrange couriers for transportation of documents and parcels
- To arrange taxis for colleagues to attend meetings and training events at other sites
- To monitor and maintain lists of swipe cards, ensuring that cards which may have been loaned are returned as appropriate
- To act as custodian for parking permits for regular car users – developing appropriate methods of recording and recalling permits which may have been loaned
- To monitor car parking arrangements to identify any vehicles not identified on the regular car user list
- To liaise with cleaning staff to ensure adequate provisions are maintained
- To report maintenance faults quickly and efficiently, recording the details precisely in an information log, checking regularly to make sure that all jobs are completed in an acceptable timefram
- To act as a point of contact for tradesmen
- To assist colleagues when appropriate and act as a member of the administrative team within the organisation
- Facilitate flexible working to meet the needs of the organisation
- To undertake other duties as required, in consultation with line manager
- To follow CCG policies making suggestions or recommendations for own area of work as appropriate.
- To acknowledge that all work undertaken is of a highly confidential nature and therefore the need to observe and maintain this confidentiality is essential.
- To act in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1984)."
Requirements and prospects
- Familiarity with Microsoft and IT software packages
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Ability to work both independently and colaboratively
- Strong communication skills
- Personal responsibility and integrity
- Warm and professional manner
- Positive outlook
- Desire to learn
- Smart presentation
Things to consider
About the employer
North West Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group
The candidate will complete an Apprenticeship within the agreed subject for the vacancy. This will include a QCF and possibly a Technical Certificate. It may also include Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
Business and Administration
WEIR TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weir Training Ltd
Kerry Newton 01932 567626 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017