Hair Stylist Apprentice Tranquility Hair
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Hairdressing Apprentice supporting our qualified stylists.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
29 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity for an apprentice to learn all aspects of hairdressing. The successful candidate will be required to carry out a various duties include meeting and greeting clients, booking appointments, supporting stylists, refreshments and other general salon duties.
The role will involve:
- Responding to tasks set in a motivated manner
- Preparing clients for technical services
- Preparing and serving refreshments to clients
- Following sensible health and safety
- Answering phone calls & booking client appointments
- Working as part of a team to ensure all salon areas are clean and tidy
- Watching and assisting senior members of staff when and if required
As your apprenticeship as your skills develop your duties will increase to include cutting, colouring and styling and targets for assessments will be achieved. Progression will be through regular training at the salon aswell as attending college once a week.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to work within a busy team
- The applicant needs to be enthusiastic, reliable and have a genuine interest in hairdressing, excellent communication skills along with high standards of hygiene and appearance whilst maintaining a good professional work ethic.
- The ability to work within a team is essential as well as being able to use your own initiative
Good secondary education
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if necessary
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017