Apprentice Engineer, Newark Viridis Building Services Ltd
An exciting opportunity to join a growing company within the Construction Built Environment to study as their Apprentice Technical Draughts Person.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
29 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The Apprentice Draughts Person will be responsible for learning how to use CAD computer aided design and manage large scale projects as part of an existing team. You will be undertaking an apprenticeship Technical Design/Draughts person at a level 3. There is a great opportunity to progress with the company as their client base expands.
Some of your duties will include:
- Contribution to design projects ensuring delivery within defined timescales and budgets
- Stakeholder management and liaising with other departments and key employees
- Creation of design drawings as per client brief and schedule of services
- Utilising appropriate software including AutoCAD, Revit, IES, SBEM and SAP to deliver a range of designs as per client needs
- Undertake end-to-end project management of client brief utilising excellent administrative and communication skills
- Self-assessment of development needs and work with line manager to address the needs in a variety of ways
- Self-directed learning and development for become fully functional in role
- Any other duties as reasonably instructed
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrable interest in engineering, Mechanically or Electrically minded
- Comfortable in social situations with colleagues, clients and contacts
- Honesty and integrity
- Confidence to ‘have a go’ within recognised limitations and to raise issues in order to solve problems
- Take ownership of tasks with tenacity to resolve problems and see through to completion
- Design engineering software skills including AutoCAD, Revit, IES, SBEM and SAP
- Planning and organisation including ability to prioritise
- Problem solving, overcoming barriers by assessing a range of options
- Pro-active written and verbal communication
- Experience of Stakeholder management with a particular focus on internal communication and client delivery
- Professional approach in terms of appearance, attendance/punctuality, willingness to learn and attention to detail
- Self-motivation – willingness to undertake pro-active learning and development activities, sometimes out of work time
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English, 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Things to consider
About the employer
- Technical Design/Draughts person at a level 3
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Design and Draughtsperson
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Shannon Wilson 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017