Apprentice Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant (Chorley) The Hub Pharmacy Ltd
You will work to provide excellent patient service through greeting and serving customers on the pharmacy counter, whilst also supporting the dispensary team. Patient care is at the heart of everything we do and this role is an important responsibility.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
28 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Our Healthcare Assistants provide excellent patient service through greeting and serving customers on the pharmacy counter and in the self-care retail area. They are responsible for ensuring appropriate sale of medicines in conjunction with the Pharmacist and for following all in-pharmacy procedures in order to maintain patient safety and integrity.
Our Healthcare Assistants also support the dispensary team and may provide healthy-living services to patients if they have undertaken relevant training.
Patient care is at the heart of everything we do and this role is an important responsibility. In return we will train and develop you into a confident team member who can provide excellent patient service in a pharmacy environment.
- Be the first port of call to patients
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of Pharmacists or Pharmacy Technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- A desire to work within the field of pharmacy and to enjoy working with people
- Patient and sympathetic manner but also friendly as you will play a vital part in helping strengthen our bond in the community
- Tactful and discrete when discussing confidential information
- Methodical and organised and be able to carry out administrative roles
- Good communication skills
- Able to remain calm when under pressure and maintain a high level of concentration
- Good attention to detail as you will be dealing with medication
- Able to work as part of a team
- If you have worked in a retail environment then that would be an advantage
- Willingness to learn and develop
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Hub Pharmacy Ltd
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF)
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Medicine Counter Assistant (MCA) Course
Health - Pharmacy Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 0115 937 4936 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017