IT Helpdesk Support Apprentice Kaizen IT Solutions Ltd
Due to continued expansion we are now seeking a 1st Line Technical Support member to be based from our Sheffield office. This is a mixed and varied role that is desk based.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
27 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
During your apprenticeship you will have a wide variety of job roles which will enable you to gain a sound knowledge of a diverse range of technology.
- Troubleshooting issues and faults with both hardware and software.
- Providing customers with solutions and first-line support.
- Tackling all types of IT equipment from printers and desktops to servers and monitors.
- Giving an extremely high standard of customer service.
- Answering telephone calls to customers, then calling them back to ensure that the fault has been resolved and that they are satisfied.
- Updating calls accordingly and ordering parts where necessary.
Arranging the shipment of faulty items to repair agents.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicating on the telephone
- Computer literacy
- Great time-keeping
- Personal presentation.
- Positive attitude
- Motivated and driven to meet targets
- A passion for the subject and drive to achieve their apprenticeship
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today