Apprentice Support Worker Sequence Care Ltd
To support young people to develop independent living skills. Experienced, understanding of issues that young people face plus working with challenging behaviour. Understanding of the care sector and working with young people with complex needs.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
05 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with the individual care plan and to enhance inclusion in the community.
- Respect for Service Users right to choose and refuse assistance
- Support for the Service User in making informed choices
- The Service Users develop the ability to reach their full potential
- Service Users are supported to maintain personal hygiene and appearance
- Service Users are treated with respect at all times
- A safe environment for chosen activities
- Support is given to Service Users to manage their domestic and personal resources
- Provision of specialised care to clients with specific needs according to your own skills and qualifications
- There is a minimisation of risk to yourself and the Service User during emergency situations
- Accidents or injuries are always reported, whether it be to yourself or the Service User.
In accordance with the company's policy and procedure.
- To promote travel training, money management and independent life skills as required by the care plan.
- To provide personal care where required which may involve assistance with; Continence requirements; Health and Medication requirements; Manual Handling; Eating and preparing meals; Handling personal possessions; finances and documents; entering the home, room, bathroom and toilet; shopping.
- To facilitate ensuring personal care provision is in a safe and appropriate environment, where directed through the care plan.
- To promote effective communication and relationships with Service Users and work colleagues and to be aware of communication differences and adopt an approach that minimises the effect of such differences.
- To manage behaviours adhering to strategies and procedures set out for individuals within legislation
- To maintain records (e.g. care plans) where necessary, ensuring these are wholly accurate, up-to-date and completed in a timely manner.
- To complete SPR Forms for every support session attended and incident forms as and when required.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, in keeping with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 – ensuring that a Service Users personal details are not disclosed to any unauthorised person and all records are maintained within the DPA 1998 requirements.
- To demonstrate understanding and awareness of the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy and be able to put this into practice in a working environment.
- To contribute towards the protection of individuals from abuse, adhering to the Protection of Vulnerable Adults legislation
- To attend any meetings in order to contribute to the effectiveness of support delivery.
- To undertake any training required in order to perform the role more effectively, acknowledging any deficits in knowledge or practice, identifying training needs and formulating training plans with the direction of personnel.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- A-C GCSEs in Maths and English or equivalent.
About the employer
- Health and Social Care Level 2/3
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT if required
Health and Social Care
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
emily laurenza 01277725974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017