Commis Chef Apprentice Greenside Catering Services
Looking for a career as a Chef? Do you want to train while you get paid? The Greenside Restaurant at Scraptoft Golf Club are offering the right candidate a unique opportunity to join their kitchen team as a Commis Chef Apprentice.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
26 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within a busy kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef.
- You will be required to cook and prepare as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen.
- You will be trained in cooking, stock management, and other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging environment.
- We cook everything from scratch using fresh locally sourced ingredients.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry.
This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual.
In the longer term, and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the apprentice to progress through within the sector.
Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team Flexibility in terms of tasks undertaken
- Commitment to personal development
- Must be a good communicator
- Passionate about food
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Confident and eager to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Pleasant and welcoming
- Reliable, responsible and honest
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use initiative
No formal qualifications required, however GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent) would be advantageous. An initial assessment would take place prior to the start of the Apprenticeship training programme.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills if required
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017