Administration Apprentice Progress Living
Progress Living are looking to take a new apprentice under their wing and train them in administration.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
27 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Assisting in the provision of effective and efficient administration on behalf of Progress Living, using the housing management and financial IT systems. Ensure the integrity and accuracy of data is maintained at all times, including managing rent arrears for the scheme, the inputting of data and carrying out audits relating to current and former tenancies; whilst assisting and supporting the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in producing and maintaining the Payment Claims Spreadsheet (Recharges), ensuring accuracy at all times, invoicing United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust (ULHT) for the appropriate duration for occupants across all sites.
- Liaise with colleagues at Progress Housing Group and ULHT employees to resolve all queries in a timely and efficient manner, to assist with the effective management of the recharges, ensuring invoices are paid promptly and are posted upon receipt.
- Assist in the proactive management of rent and debtor arrears owed to the Association for all sites, ensuring that arrears are monitored on a weekly basis in accordance with the Association’s performance targets and policy and procedure.
- Create and maintain accurate records on the housing management IT system of action taken to recover rent arrears. Receive and respond to rent arrears and refund queries from occupants, former occupants, colleagues and ULHT.
- Perform audit quality checks on new tenancies across all sites, ensuring procedures have been followed; that all data entry is correct and documentation circulated is accurate. Ensure all changes to tenancies and rent charges are actioned immediately and the housing management IT system is updated.
- Assist in ensuring all deposits are either retained or refunded within the set timescales across all sites, making sure that the Deposit Register Schedule is fully updated and accurate records are retained for each transaction.
- Assist in checking ULHT salary deduction schedules on a monthly basis for all sites, ensuring payments are allocated to the correct tenancy, the amounts deducted are correct and the number of salary deductions for each site corresponds with the information provided.
- Liaise with local authorities to ensure council tax is billed correctly. Liaise with utility suppliers to ensure billing is correct and payment is made in a timely manner.
- Assist in collating and ordering stationery and cleaning materials for all sites.
- Use the in house finance system to raise orders and invoices when appropriate. Check invoices for payment to ensure goods have been received and work completed prior to payment.
- Assist in the reporting and chasing of orders for repairs and to keep occupants informed of the situation and timescales for repairs to be completed.
- Maintain and update records and provide information and statistics to other departments.
- General administrative duties, including sending emails, writing letters, sorting post, setting up and maintaining accurate records and filing systems to enable information to be stored and retrieved efficiently using both computerised and paper systems.
- Deal with routine enquiries from internal and external customers whether in person, by telephone or written correspondence. Resolving problems within the framework of the Associations policies and procedures, where necessary passing the query to a Team Leader for further action.
- Attend and assist at quarterly Residents Meetings held during and outside of working hours, when required to do so.
- Undertake year end procedures in relation to new charges for accommodation, changes to charges for goods and services and support the Head of Progress Living in budget setting and year end closure of accounts.
- Assist in ensuring the application process for new applicants is followed and that each new occupant receives and signs a welcome pack. Ensure the termination procedure is followed for all occupants leaving the accommodation, including the administration of any requests for extension to occupy, and carry out of pre termination inspections.
- Assist in ensuring property inventory details are accurate and up to date
- Assist and support the Team Leaders and Head of Progress Living in any duties required, whilst following the appropriate procedures.
- Spend 20% of working time on off-the-job training which can be attending training at Lagat or in an appropriate place of work or such other place as notified to you.
- Complete all elements of the Apprenticeship framework on which you are registered and as specified in your Individual Learning Plan.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent comunication skills, with an ability to communicate with people of all ages.
- Microsoft Office package experience
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Pays attention to detail
- Diligent and methodical work ethic
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment
- Friendly and approachable personality
A*-C grades, or equivalent in Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (Intermediate) Apprenticeship in Business & Administration.
This is a framework comprised of:
- NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Business Administration
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Level 1 in ICT
- Business & Administration Framework Certification is provided by City & Guilds
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lagat Ltd
Jess van der Drift 01522 501300 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017