Apprentice IT Support Specialist Alex Pc Repair Ltd
You will be joining a small team of dedicated IT specialists working in IT support, delivering a service to existing and new clients, both at their homes and remotely.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
27 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure that all support customer calls are a handled effectively.
- Ensure that all customer systems are patched and operating optimally.
- Provide solutions to customer problems within service level agreements.
- Directly deliver solutions to customer problems and where necessary organise the appropriate resource to deliver solutions in the fastest time possible.
- Liaise with the consultancy team to provide rapid solutions to customer and internal problems.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to ensure timely delivery of solutions and installation of replacement equipment to meet our SLA commitments to clients.
- Work alongside the IT manager
- Liaising with other business's within the group and assisting their IT
- A small amount if software development
- A small amount of Web Development
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Maintain focus under high pressure situations
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Have sensitivity to the different levels of expertise amongst client users
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- An ability for self directed
In summary we are looking for a vibrant individual who has the people skills to interact with our customer and their users; who has the technical skills to be able to complete support requests; who has enough initiative to be able to source the knowledge to complete support requests in the event of experiencing an unfamiliar event and who knows when to be flexible in order assist the continued function of our customers business interests.
- The successful candidate will be a logical thinker, able to demonstrate problem solving skills in a time-efficient matter.
- They should be a polite, presentable individual, with a dynamic, go-getting attitude towards work.
- They should have ability to work well individually or as a team.
- They should be a punctual individual, with the ability to meet deadlines, and administration skills should be of the highest standard.
Ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
Prospects are truly outstanding. They are looking for a full time member of an ever growing team. This would provide the perfect springboard to an exciting and satisfying career with IT Support and Networking. There's great mentoring within this company and you'll be treated like one of the family.
There is a full time role at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
About the employer
Specialising in desktops PC's and Macs, other services offered are operating systems upgrades, virus/spyware and Trojan removals, memory upgrades and data recovery.
The business has seen a huge amount of growth during the last few years and are now recruiting an Apprentice to grow with the business.
Alex Pc Repair Ltd
As well as extremely robust in house training you will also receive the following training whilst working towards an Advanced IT Apprenticeship in IT systems and Networking
- Microsoft configuring windows 10
- Networking principles
- Setting up networks/cabling/domains
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network +
- Networking Concepts/installation and configuration/media/management/security
- Configuring and troubleshooting
- PC Hardware
- Operational procedures/Systems
- Mobile devices
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
HIGHBURY COLLEGE PORTSMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New Horizons (Uk) Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017