Apprentice Nursery Assistant, Toad Hall Nursery, Berkhamsted Toad Hall Nursery
To work as part of a team to create an environment in which children’s individual needs are met and high standards of care are provided, which meet the requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
26 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Work For Us
Looking for nursery jobs within a dynamic and positive environment? Passionate about childcare and early years development? You’ve come to the right place!
We need to have a range of diverse, enthusiastic and experienced childcare practitioners in our team to allow us to fulfill our aim of providing high quality early years experiences and education to all children in our care. Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to constantly improve, develop and grow our amazing team.
We have strong values at Toad Hall Nursery Group and our team of practitioners and head office staff abide by these at all times. Whilst we take a professional approach to childcare going above and beyond standards, we are fun and approachable. We believe that it is this unique Toad Hall culture that sets us apart.
These combine practical training in a job with study. With childcare apprenticeships, you’ll:
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get all of the benefits listed in this recruitment pack
About Toad Hall
At Toad Hall we know that our staffs have to come first. By developing our staff, taking care of their needs and showing them the benefits of working in childcare, they in turn provide excellent care and development opportunities for the children in our nurseries. And it’s not just the children who get to have lots of fun!
When you join Toad Hall you’ll benefit from fantastic colleagues with years’ of knowledge and experience in the early years sector. With 13 nurseries in the group you’ll be surrounded by people who are there to help and inspire you and provide the very best care to the families that use our nurseries.
We ensure the welfare of each and every child by providing a secure and safe environment where children are encouraged to be healthy and active learners. We place a strong emphasis on the health and safety of all children and staff and regularly audit our systems and processes.
Amongst others, Toad Hall Nursery have been awarded the following:
Employee Engagement Excellence- Awards for our benefits system ‘Toad Hall Rewards’
Employee Engagement Awards based on our employee’s feedback!
Hertfordshire Skills Celebration for our commitment to training and developing young people.
As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, your key accountabilities will be:
- To be aware and demonstrate a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility
- To support children’s learning and development with children age from all ranges of the Early Years
- Support children’s development skills working to plan activities, recording observation and their progress.
- To understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practices
- Once confident in role, to assume the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children’s individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings and any training that is in house
- To regularly update the children's daily diaries
- To ensure that the ratios are adhered to at all times
- To assist with the wall displays and decoration
- To assist with the nappy changing routines & personal hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Evidence of general education
- Basic knowledge of child care (Desirable)
- Basic knowledge of children’s safety
- Awareness of the EYFS
Candidates should have a good standard of communication, be able to use their initiative and be an excellent team player.
- Commitment to completing a recognised childcare qualification.
- Recent First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
Things to consider
About the employer
We have 16 nurseries across the South East of England, offering quality childcare to children aged 3 months to school age.
Take a look at our nurseries in Surrey, Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Bedfordshire to explore nursery education and conduct in a local Toad Hall nursery near you.
Looking for something further afield? See our full list of nurseries for individual listings.
Successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to complete a fully certified intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce which will cover the following frame work:
- QCF in Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Principles in Children and Young Peoples work force
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in ICT, Math and English
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This Apprenticeship is funded for the duration of 12 months
Children and Young People's Workforce
HAWK MANAGEMENT (UK) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hawk Training Group
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017