Production Assistant Apprentice Hull Box & Packaging
An opportunity has arisen for a Production Apprentice working for a local company specialising in conversion of corrugated products both corrugated board and corrugated plastics. This is a newly formed, forward thinking company with traditional values.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
26 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You would be working as part of a team producing bespoke boxing and packaging. This is a skilled manufacturing role and full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- You will need to have a good level of numerical skill as measuring tasks are carried out on a daily basis.
- You will be trained to set and operate industrial machinery.
- You will be part of a quality control process checking and packaging materials.
- You will be involved in unloading and loading deliveries of goods
- General housekeeping and safety rules must be complied with.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to prioritise, work independently (with supervision)
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Good standard of numeracy & literacy
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to meet specific deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task & prioritise
- Proactive listener
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Adhere to company policies & procedures
- Good positive, friendly attitude
- Organised, methodical & focused approach
- Reliable & punctual
- Strong team player
- An enthusiastic & friendly approach to work
- Must have an excellent work ethic
- Reasonably confident
- Polite, well mannered & courteous
- Hardworking & committed
- Honest & trustworthy
- Able to follow specific instructions
- Conscientious & motivated
- Must be able to meet specific timescales & under pressure
- Must be willing to listen & learn
Maths grade A-D (or equivalent) essential as measuring skills involved in job role, confident use of measurements must be demonstrated
Things to consider
About the employer
The Directors Richard Britton and Susan Winter have decided to form this company to offer Bespoke Packaging in short lead times to all fields of industries. Specialising in conversion of corrugated products both corrugated board and corrugated plastics.
They aim to buy and convert British manufactured products wherever possible for British Industry.
The company operates out of over 30000 SQ Feet of Production and Warehousing within its site based in Kingston Upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
The company is well equipped and is very forward thinking and holds much knowledge within its production team. We don't believe we only just sell packaging materials but we give packaging solutions to many of our customers in a wide range of different industries.
- Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Functional Skills maths and English up to Level 2 (where required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- EAL Level 2 in Industrial Environment Awareness (for which a separate Certificate will be supplied)
Improving Operational Performance
YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Sophie Ness (Business Development Apprentice) email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017