Business Administration Apprenticeship S6 Tutoring Academy
To provide an efficient and effective clerical and administrative support service to a designated team. As this is an apprentice post the job holder will be required to work in throughout the organisation to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of administration.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
23 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- To efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties which may include the following duties as directed.
- Data input, data extraction, photocopying, faxing, filing and typing duties as directed
- To deal with internal and external post and emails on a day to day basis
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To provide appropriate reception cover as and when required.
- To meet and greet visitors as required.
- To maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures.
- To assist with the ordering and maintenance of stock supplies (specific to role as appropriate).
- Collating information for reports
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Attend and take part in team meetings & regular reviews with line manager etc.
- To be responsible for the use of physical equipment and to report any defects in equipment as appropriate
- Setting up meetings and taking minutes
- Managing staff appointments
Requirements and prospects
The Applicant should:
- An organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
The applicant should:
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to use your own initiative but also know when matters need to be referred to a supervisor
- Enthusiasm, Reliability & Flexibility
GCSE A-C in English and Maths (or equivilent).
About the employer
S6 Tutoring Academy
Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
Level 1 functional skills in English, Maths and ICT ( if required)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Seevic College
Toni Croxall 01268 882 658
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017