Legal Administration Apprentice RIGHT LEGAL GROUP LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to join a successful law firm as a Legal Administration Apprentice,specialising in Wills & Probate. You will maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality whilst assisting the specialist team on a daily basis. In return you will receive a genuine interest to develop your abilities and career progression.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
23 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Key Tasks and Duties
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch by email or post.
- To administer electronic and paper filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the firms procedures.
- Sharing in general office duties; post opening; dealing with clients and others on the telephone both in taking detailed messages and in progressing the case wherever possible
- Taking of external telephone calls to be recorded in writing as typed attendance note showing start and end times of all calls
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain any diary entries as required
- To provide support to other staff as required
- To assist potential clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firms standards for client care
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firms and clients’ documentation and information
- To create typed documents as required
- To undertake specific training associated in progressing the apprenticeship, and such other training as required by the firm to fulfil the role
- To have a responsibility towards self-development
- General administration of files
- Document and file management
- Any other tasks required to support the team or requested by management
Additional Tasks and Duties
- Opening and Closing matter files
- Collating information as requested
- Archiving and retrieval of files
Requirements and prospects
Candidates will possess or demonstrate the following:
- Be very well organised with a careful and accurate approach.
- Have good organisational skills but be confident enough to ask when unsure
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Be able to act on initiative and demonstrate a natural ability to problem solve
For this role personal qualities are a very important part of the candidate profile.
The ideal candidate will:
- be comfortable with older people and have a caring and empathetic nature understanding that every case has potential to become contentious or difficult
- Be punctual and reliable
- Have a mature perspective
- Have a confident and friendly manner on the telephone.
- Be friendly, warm and welcoming to clients and colleagues in line with our values.
You should ideally have a minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade A*- C or equivalent, being Maths, English & ICT
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma in Business Administration - Level 2 (Level 3 will be considered for the right applicant)
- Functional Skills English (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Maths (if applicable)
- Functional Skills ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Wendy Taylor 01332 296995 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017