Apprentice Business Support Officer Leyland St Marys Catholic Technology College
St Mary’s is going from strength to strength and we need additional support in our small but effective school office. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to fulfil daily routines. You must be methodical, enjoy being organised and be prepared to learn new things every day.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
23 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
St Mary’s Catholic High School are looking to recruit a Business Support Apprentice to assist in the day-to-day running of the school office. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in maths and will offer a good grounding in routine administration. The post holder will provide routine clerical support including:
- Front of house reception duties, face to face and telephone
- Receive and distribute incoming and internal mail
- Maintain/update manual and computerised records and management information systems
- Completion of routine returns/production of basic statistical data
- Undertake standard word processing/spreadsheets
- Accessing E mail/school portal
- Photocopying and routine reprographics and associated administration
- Assist in the clerical arrangement of meetings
- Maintain stock of office supplies
- Check attendance implement first day response communication
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Publisher
- Willingness to learn
- A good team player
- Good customer services skills
GCSE English and Maths grade C and above or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework to include NVQ Technical Certificate, Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Wendy Love 01772 643008
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017