Advanced Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Stanhope House Day Nursery Ltd
Stanhope is a busy day nursery and they are looking for a passionate and caring apprentice to join their team of Childcare Assistants. If you are looking for a career in childcare, here would be a lovely place to begin.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
18 Oct 2017
22 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You’ll have good communication skills, have a genuine interest in working with children and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- You will help set up activities for children aged 3 months and upwards
The role will include a wide range of routines which may include:
- Changing nappies
- Observing the children
Requirements and prospects
- You must have a desire to work with children and be committed to completing an apprenticeship programme including Ffunctional skills at Level 2 (if required)
- Have good people skills, good communication skills and good organisational skills
- You should be a good communicator and have a desire to work with children
- Reliable and good time keeper
- Grade C or above in Maths and English is essential (or equivalent)
- Also you must have already achieved a Level 2 qualification in Childcare, as this is a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
About the employer
- Successful candidate will be working towards a Level 3 qualification in the Children and Young People's Workforce
- This apprenticeship is fully work based, therefore no college days are required
- An ESG qualified assessor will visit the setting every four weeks
- At the end of the 12 month apprenticeship, the candidate will be expected to achieve a Technical Certificate and Functional Skills (if applicable)
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017