Apprentice Print Process Technician ILIFFE PRINT CAMBRIDGE LIMITED
In need of trainee print process technicians to learn all parts of the print production process. The technicians will be using computer controlled equipment to receive and process customer page files in PDF format, control and maintain plate making equipment, operate and maintain a start of the art computer controlled printing press.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Nov 2017
22 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Prepare the equipment to achieve waste and quality targets, print schedules and deadlines by effective execution of your allocated duties in co-ordination with other shift personnel.
- Achieve and maintain optimum product quality with minimum waste through effective quality control, incorporating densitometry checks, start up checklists, adherence to SSOP’s and identifying and rectifying printing faults.
- Prioritise and manage electronic page files and produce accurate printing plates of the correct specification to achieve product deadlines.
- Produce product bundles to the correct specification, ensure print orders are achieved with minimum over-run waste and transport and distribution requirements are met.
- Ensure the production equipment is kept in optimum operational condition by carrying out necessary maintenance/cleaning and informing the line manager of any action required by other technicians.
- Minimise and suggest ways of minimising waste of consumables and materials throughout the production process.
- Contribute to the development of others by actively passing on your knowledge and skills. Contribute to the preparation of safe standard operating procedures and ensure that all such procedures are followed.
- Ensure you have the necessary skills and knowledge to do your job by identifying training needs and reporting them to the line manager. Actively participate in training courses where required.
- Ensure that all operations are safe and without risks to the health and safety of yourself and others. Identify and report any potential hazards.
- Complete all relevant reports and documentation accurately so that they are legible, can be understood and are mathematically correct.
- Carry out all reasonable instructions as issued by your line manager or other department managers.
- Help to optimise operational efficiency by developing and maintaining effective working relationships. Treat your colleagues with respect, offer them support when it is needed and generally work to build team spirit and eliminate interpersonal conflict
- Strive towards 100% attendance; be ready to work at the start of your shift; report sickness and absence according to procedure. Inform the Company of any change of personal details.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Willing to work as part of a busy team
- Use own initiative
- PC literate
- Interest in engineering and how things work
- Team player
- Polite to customers
- Keen to learn
- Good time keeping
7 GSCE’s and/or 2 A levels
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Certificate in Digital Printing
- Technical certificate in Printing and Graphic Communications
- Functional skills where required
Print and Printed Packaging
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Rachael Elliott or Leah Cooney 01676 526 046 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017