Design & Draught Apprenticeship JACOBS U K LTD
Want to begin a career in Engineering Design? Join Jacobs and you could see the world!
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
£12,000.00 - £14,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
22 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Jacobs has identified exciting opportunities in 2017 to work in our Winnersh, Reading office. The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and a varied and challenging career.
The successful candidate will be mentored by our highly experienced Designers and Engineers and will be expected to rapidly become a productive team member, working on our diverse range of projects and gaining experience alongside experienced Designers, producing and modifying design drawings and schedules.
You will be based out of our Winnersh office in Reading but, long-term, mobility and flexibility to work anywhere (in home country) is essential.
We know this Apprenticeship programme will be challenging but we will support enthusiastic and committed candidates all the way.
Your day to day duties will consist of:
- Working alongside experienced CAD Technicians and Designer’s producing and modifying drawings and working with 3D drawing packages
- Raising potential health and safety hazards
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve CAD problems
- Assist Lead Engineers with design tasks.
- Review and comment on documentation.
- STEM Ambassador duties to promote engineering as a career choice for school and college students
Requirements and prospects
You should be IT literate. Any experience of AutoCAD or any engineering based work experience will be helpful.
- Excellent Communication skills
- IT Literate
- Willing to learn
- Good Timekeeping skills
- Good team player with a desire to succeed
Experience of AutoCAD or any engineering based work experience would be advantageous
You should have a minimum of five GCSE’s Grades A*-B, including English Language, Maths and Science. Engineering or Product Design qualifications would be advantageous.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be working towards your Level 3 Engineering Design & Draughting Diploma and NVQ with a possible opportunity to move up to Level 4
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Design and Draughtsperson
RICHMOND UPON THAMES COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Richmond upon Thames College
020 8607 8306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017