IT Apprentice Pendennis Shipyard Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work an outstanding company in the heart of Cornwall. Pendennis Shipyard are seeking an IT apprentice to join their dynamic team.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
23 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This role will be supporting the use of servers, network devices, desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, desk/mobile phones and printers plus any other devices used in the business
Some typical duties include: -
- Observing, testing, diagnosing and resolving faults in hardware and software systems.
- 1st and 2nd line IT support duties including but not limited to basic hardware repair, software support, provision of IT equipment/network facilities and support of telephone systems
- Liaison with third party contractors and service providers
- Evaluating and suggesting ways to improve the business through the incorporation of new and existing technologies
- Purchasing of hardware, software, and consumables
- Providing written documentation of IT systems and training for users.
- Carrying out daily checks on jobs and systems acting when necessary to correct errors.
- Providing assistance and advice in a professional manner to all IT related requests for help
- To facilitate communication among the IT Team, and with contractors, consultants and all business units to focus on and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Create a professional user experience through quality problem management and good communication skills
- Solutions and problem solving for all desktop and business applications.
- Regularly researching and reviewing alternative technology solutions
- Managing IT helpdesk: call logging, prioritisation and escalation
- Logging all incidents and service requests reported to the Helpdesk
- Managing timely problem resolution
- Escalating problems to specialised staff that cannot be fixed at first line
- Updating users on the status of problems
- Maintenance of the IT Asset register
The succesful candidate will attend Cornwall College Camborne 1 day a week.
Requirements and prospects
The employer is looking for someone with strong organisation skills with the ability to multi task between mulriple assignments whilst still working to deadlines. The succesful candidate will have the ability to work under pressure and will fit in with the face pased and dynamic working environemnt.
- Use of own initiative
- Good problem solver
- Advanced understanding of desktop, laptop and printer technical operations
- Good at data entry processing
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals
- Confident it user
- Excellent communication skills
- Good at building relationships with peers and partners
- Quick learner
- Have a good sense of humour
Minimum of 5 GCSEs (A-C)including Maths and English
Level 2 in IT (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be trained in the workplace alongside your usual duties and you will be expected to attend college one day a week or on a block release basis.
You will work towards achieving a level 3 apprenticeship in IT Infrastructure Support. including work based and knowledge components, an employee rights and responsibilities qualification, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and if required Functional Skills.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Ali Boulter 0845 6099 599
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017