Chef Apprentice Blenheim Palace
Assisting the Chef in preparing meals for the household, ensuring the food is always presented to the highest standards. To assist in the kitchen with the day to day operation and develop skills and knowledge of a chef’s tasks and responsibilities.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
21 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main responsibilities (non-exhaustive):
- Responsible for executing allocated dishes on time to the required standard
- Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef
- Work in a clean and tidy manner
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the Kitchen is tidy and stocked
- To ensure outstanding presentation of food
- To offer quick and efficient service.
- To actively contribute and share ideas
- To deliver excellent Customer Service to the household
- To be fully aware of household confidentiality, maintain confidentiality and be discreet at all times.
- To maintain standards of Health and Safety in accordance with employers instructions and current legislation.
- Be Hygienic when preparing and serving food.
Requirements and prospects
- A ‘can do’ positive attitude to work
- Ability to establish and develop working relationships
- Ability to maintain and develop personal performance
- Self-motivation and a passion for cooking
- Good work ethic and a commitment to learning
- Flexible/adaptable in approach to work
- Honest, reliable and committed
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Pro-active approach to work
- Smart appearance
- None required
About the employer
Delivery of a full apprenticeship which will include
- BTEC knowledge
- Functional Skill in English at either level 1 or level 2
- Functional Skill in Maths at either level 1 or level 2
Catering and Professional Chefs
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Pamela Knowles 01869 350959 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today