Apprentice Chef De Vere Venues
To assist in the preparation, production and delivery of all food and meals to customers, so that their expectations are consistently exceeded. To assist Kitchen team in the smooth operation of all aspects of the kitchen
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
23 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in the preparation, production and delivery of all food and meals to customers, so that their expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To assist Kitchen team in the smooth operation of all aspects of the kitchen
- Principal Elements and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the department so that all visitors enjoy a well-presented, professional and hygienic environment.
- To be professional and well presented at all times, with the full and correct uniform.
- To ensure that all stock, equipment and people are safe and secure at all times.
- To ensure that tasks set on a daily and weekly basis are completed to the agreed standard and on time.
- To ensure all training sessions are attended and that all projects are completed on time, both at college and on site, with the addition of any external courses and the Inspire on line training modules.
- To achieve departmental standards in the preparation, production and delivery of food and meals to ensure that we meet our customers’ expectations.
- Encourage and demonstrate a positive relationship with customers and colleagues to ensure we exceed customer delight.
- Part of the Kitchen team
- Daily Contact Sourabh Gupta – Head Che
Requirements and prospects
We look for the basics in English and maths from grade C upwards, and to be computer literate.
To be able to speak fluent English, though this does not need to be the mother tongue.
To be able to research and work on own initiative, bringing new ideas to the job for development.
Most of all we are looking for someone with a real passion for food and the drive to succeed in a new role. To listen and learn at every opportunity and to continuously strive to go beyond the basic requests, bringing their own personality to the role. The candidate should be self motivated and positive at all times, to ensure they gain the most from the opportunity.
5 GCSEs grade C or equivalent or above including English and maths
Things to consider
About the employer
- Knowledge and Understanding
NVQ Level 2
Hospitality > Commis Chef
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
Sharon Ryan 01992 411 375 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today