Care Assistant Apprenticeship Wishmoor Rest Home
An excellent opportunity has become available in the Malvern area for an apprentice care assistant at Wishmoor Care Home.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
21 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Within the team the candidate will assist the other care assistants to plan and organise the care of the residents.
Other duties may include working as part of a team to deliver an outstanding and professional service within the setting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting service users with their personal care needs including getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and using the toilet
- Helping to prepare meals and drinks, ensuring that the required standards are met
- Planning and completing activities with the service users that will enhance their quality of life and encourage individual interests
- Ensuring health and safety is followed at all times
- Completing service user records and paperwork in line with legislation
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Health and Social care where appropriate). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
You must have a passion and desire to work with mentally and physically challenged adults.
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Committed to completing a qualification
- Great if able to work using own initiative
- Good Literacy A*-C grades in English at GCSE level or equivalent
- Good Numeracy A*-C grades in Maths at GCSE level or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Wishmoor Rest Home
ull training up to level 2 in Health and social care
Health and Social Care
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspiration Training Ltd
Joanne Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017