Functional Test Analyst BTL Group Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a Functional Test Analyst with BTL, based in the Shipley area.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Nov 2017
20 Jun 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
The role is hands-on functional testing, performing testing and quality assurance tasks as identified in the responsibilities section below. The duties and responsibilities of the Functional Test Analyst will be:
- Be proactive in the approach to testing organisational solutions and make suggestions in regards to building quality in all areas of the delivery program.
- Have the willingness to learn about automation testing as areas of functional testing become automated.
- Take ownership of tasks within the Scrum team’s 2-weekly sprints, and be capable of meeting delivery dates.
- Performing testing tasks within the Scrum teams.
- Engaging with projects at the earliest opportunity.
- Understanding the need to test business requirements, user stories, end user activities involving new and existing functionality, and any pertinent information adding feedback when required for test preparation.
- Breaking down business documentation into manageable parts to generate requirements.
- Developing acceptance criteria into fully functional test scripts / cases and understanding the full process of testing these test scripts / cases and any pertinent information mitigating risk and identifying the quality gauges.
- Performing early exploratory testing of testing environments and having a good working knowledge of system integration, user acceptance, operational acceptance and functional regression testing.
- Responsible for the maintenance of test assets specifically relating to test scripts.
- Capture, manage and resolve defects found during test execution cycles based on the BTL defect management process.
- Peer reviewing test documentation and test assets for quality and consistency.
- Fully contribute to planning and estimation meetings.
- Provide feedback on the activity progress to the rest of the Scrum team via daily stand-ups, and communication at review and retrospective meetings.
- Any other duties considered to be commensurate with the level of this role, which may reasonably be required.
Requirements and prospects
- Some understanding of: Microsoft .NET technologies; C#; HTML, MS Windows; MS SQL Server; Flash; Flex would be favourable.
- As above, any knowledge of programming languages is an advantage – candidates should have the interest and ability to expand their skillset into development areas, and be willing to obtain knowledge of programming languages (not to become outright developers, but be enthusiastic enough to learn and gain foundation knowledge in C#, HTML, or other languages that may be required in future to become a fully integrated member of the Scrum team, and to contribute in a cross-functional way as much as possible).
- Have the confidence and outgoing nature to contribute to team discussions in a collaborative way.
- A Willingness to gain the knowledge of test design techniques: test design specification; identifying test conditions; test case specification; test procedure specification; prioritising tests; black-box and white-box techniques.
- Knowledge of automation testing and associated tools (e.g. RIATest, Selenium) would be beneficial. Candidates should have the willingness to get involved in automation testing (learn and implement techniques) as well as manual testing. (RIATest is used at present, Selenium will be used when we move to HTML5)
- Experience of a scripting language (desirable).
- Knowledge of the e-assessment marketplace (desirable).
Quality Focus – attention to detail and a commitment to meticulous accuracy; mind-set must be to work on the assumption that systems will go wrong, and so ensure that the quality of the product is robust; must be a completer-finisher.
- Determination – work on assumption that products will not be released if they have not passed through the defined process and been rigorously tested; drive to deliver agreed outcomes and raise standards of performance.
- Works Collaboratively – a desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; a team player with excellent interpersonal skills; willing and able to contribute to team discussions; Scrum team experience.
- Problem Solving and Innovation – identify problems and provide feasible solutions; self- starter, who uses their own initiative; desire and ability to develop and put forward new and better ways of doing things.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – flexible in approach to work; can adapt to changing work demands.
- Planning and Organising – can prioritise to meet tight deadlines, whilst remaining calm; manages workload and one’s own time effectively.
- Communication – good written and oral communication skills; can convey information concisely and accurately to colleagues.
- Demonstrates Learning Ability – seeks self-development and welcomes.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
BTL Group Ltd
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Investigating and Defining Customer Requirements
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Testing Tools
- Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Software Tester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 01133500333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017