Customer Service Apprentice - Level 2 Oceanic Beauty Salon
Customer Service and administrative duties within the reception area of this busy beauty salon.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Oct 2017
20 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Making appointments.
- Stock control.
- Ordering of Stock.
- Organising client records and keeping histories.
- Deal with routine enquiries from the public, suppliers and staff.
- Receive and communicate messages.
- Clerical support in all areas of the business.
- Maintain records.
- Deal with routine correspondence.
- Work with due regard to health & safety requirements.
- General admin and maintaining tidiness in the salon.
- Meet and greet with customers and members of the public.
- Any other duties as requested by the placement supervisor, which will assist the trainee to complete the customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship framework.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame.
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme.
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary.
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
- To complete training assignments and maintain a student portfolio, which will be assessed by an assessor.
- For the right applicant there is the possibility of a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship programme
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application .
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks.
- Effectively use interpersonal and communication skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effectively use organisation and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Be reliable and supportive to other areas within the company.
- Good communication skills.
- Maintain an established work schedule.
- Use creativity and independent thought to resolve issues.
- Understand the Data Protection Act (relevant to job role).
- Friendly, approachable manner.
- Good communicator.
- Good telephone skills.
- Able to organise own work load.
- Attention to detail.
- Punctual & presentable.
- Friendly & outgoing.
- Willingness to acquire and develop new skills/qualifications if/ when necessary.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Multi tasker, polite, able to follow instructions but also show initiative.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Team worker.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and organise own workload.
- Creative and be able to put own ideas forward.
- The ideal candidate must have a keen interest in the beauty industry.
- GCSE, or equivalent, A* -C in Math, English & ICT or level 2 functional skills or 1 year’s work experience in an customer facing environment.
Things to consider
About the employer
Oceanic Beauty Salon
- Delivery to be completed onsite by Assessor to complete an intermediate technical certificate in customer service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226 216 166 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017