Apprentice Hairdresser Revive
We are looking for an apprentice with some experience and who, preferably, is already Level 2 qualified. This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring hairdresser who has easy access to our salon in Heswell. Working with experienced stylists the salon needs someone who has a passion to succeed as a hairdresser.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
20 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice hair dresser to enrol on a Level 2 Apprenticeship with The City of Liverpool College.
You will help with the following tasks:
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Advising on minor hair and scalp problems
- Making appointments and handling payments
- Ordering materials
- Making sure that hair products containing chemicals are used and stored correctly
- Mixing tints and applying them
- Starting/finishing blow drys
- Must be prepared to assist with cleaning the salon to maintain a healthy and safe environment for customers and staff
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work with hands- good dexterity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Personable and positive approach.
- Willingness to learn.
- Flexible, as the role will require a range of functions.
- A real passion for hairdressing is the key to this role.
Ideally a minimum of GCSE or equivalent grades A-C will already be held however a Level 2 in English and Maths Functional Skills would have to be gained by the end of the programme.
Things to consider
About the employer
- The Hairdressing Level 3 apprenticeship involves attending College one day per week (term-time only, near Duke Street) to gain the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hair and Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
- If GCSEs or equivalent are already held then the apprentice will not need the Functional Skills.
- The apprentice will also have workplace visits every 8 weeks for workplace assessment.
Expected duration - 24 months
Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
Nikki Smith 0151 252 3163 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017