Fabrication and Welding Apprenticeship 100 Percent Stainless Ltd
Within this job role you will be working the majority of your time on site but also will be assisting with workshop based tasks.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
20 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will involve installation of items and products on sites across the region. The apprentice will also assist with workshop tasks. Duties will include:
- Fitting stainless steel and glass products to a broad range of domestic properties and businesses
- Welding techniques, plasma cutting, grinding, drilling and bending
- Other tasks that the apprentice will be involved in are metal folding, polishing, basic machining and pressing
Some other machines that may be used are guillotines, band saws and lathes.
The apprentice will also be involved in dealing with deliveries, loading equipment and materials and keeping the site tidy and clean. There may be some occasions when the learner will need to assist with customers and clients contacting the firm in person or over the phone. Due to the need to travel around for the role sometimes the apprentice may be required to start or finish earlier/later to get to the site.
Requirements and prospects
- They are looking for an individual with a professional manner who can speak to clients and possesses a genuine interest in Engineering.
- The successful apprentice will have an aptitude for learning this trade and have a good understanding of Maths
- The apprentice must also be willing to undertake physical work and maintain good concentration levels at all times.
- In order to be successful you must have good attention for detail
- You must also have a keen interest in engineering
Qualifications required for this role include GCSE’s grades C or above in Maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
They have a dedicated team of 15 staff from the designers-welders-fabricators and installers pride themselves on quality and providing a friendly and professional service. All of their work undergoes a strict quality control process to ensure that every item that leaves their premises is finished to the highest possible standards. They also have two fully trained and insured dedicated installation teams ready to install projects giving full respect at all time to your home & property.
100 Percent Stainless Ltd
You will undergo a level 2 Apprenticeship in Fabrication & Welding which covers the following;
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Fabrication & Welding
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Functional Skills English Reading and Writing
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Other aspects of your training will be provided by your employer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017